Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Blatant Misleading HairMax Advertisement

With a technical aspect to point out, this e-mail surely increased my awareness of HairMax's claims. I'm sure this can enlighten you too.



I am a skeptic when it comes to hair loss treatment products. This is probably because I have spent quite a sum of money and effort when it comes to the treatment of my worsening hair loss condition.

However, no matter how skeptic I’ve become, I made it a point to acquaint myself with the latest news on the hair loss treatment industry. Though I stopped using Rogaine for quite a while now, I’ve been searching for the right treatment hoping that someday I can put an end to my hair loss woes.

I first learned about the HairMax LaserComb in a magazine a year ago. In the advertisement, they claimed that they have stimulated hair regrowth in most of their buyers. With that, I became curious about the claims of this product. So, what I did was search for news relating to this new treatment approach.

I began to search through lots of articles and I found out an interesting article about this product. The article was about the misleading advertisements propagated by HairMax regarding their so-called FDA approval. In the said article, the author alleged that the HairMax LaserComb is not as effective as it claims to be. How? Well, by simply explaining the contents of the report made by the FDA about the HairMax LaserComb product.

The FDA ‘cleared’ the HairMax LaserComb as a 510(k) device that may be promoted or advertised to treat thinning hair. However, they did not grant FDA ‘approval’ of the product. Moreover, they did not state that the product is effective in the treatment of hair loss and stimulating hair regrowth.

The truth of the matter is that FDA does not grant ‘approval’ on a product based on a 510(k) submission, it only CLEARS the product for marketing. It is, therefore, not legal to advertise a 510(k) cleared device as ‘FDA approved’.

With that, I began to wonder if the HairMax LaserComb would effectively help in hair regrowth as what they always claim in many of their advertisements. Thanks to HairMax, now I feel very much betrayed. A word of advice for the others: please, read the FDA report first before you rush on and do something reckless that might cause you greater inconveniences in the future, especially when it comes to hair loss treatment products.

No comments:

Post a Comment